Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Comments4Kids April Summary

blog

For C4K #8 I was assigned Amber A's blog from Mr. Boylen’s Language Arts 8th grade class. On February 5th, Amber responded to her teacher’s questions: “What do you think as a student gain from blogging with students and others outside of the school? Is it worth the time? Why/why not?” She thinks that there is a lot to learn from others who you blog and interact with. You also have the chance to work with people you would not have talked to otherwise. Amber also says she has also gotten to know other people feel about certain things and also learned that she has a lot in common with other kids from around the world. I commented:

Hi Amber,

I think it is wonderful that you are blogging and getting so much out of it! I am currently a college student, and I just learned how to blog this semester. I have discovered just how wonderful it is. I agree with you that blogging allows you to connect with people you otherwise would not have been able to talk to. For instance, I would have never even known about you or your class without the power of technology. I have been able to interact with people from all over the world and have learned so much to prepare me for my future. What sort of things have you been able to learn through blogging?

Keep up the great work and never stop learning!

Sincerely,
Katelyn Fleming



For the next assignment, I read Jasmine F's blog from Mrs. Geldes’ 4th grade class from Nebraska. Jasmine wrote about The Sneetches by Dr. Seuss. She thought it was a great book with a great life lesson. She also said she would recommend the book to others because it was a great book. I commented:

Hey Jasmine,

I love Dr. Seuss, he is one of my favorite authors. The Sneetches is an amazing book! I am so glad that you understood the lesson Dr. Suess was writing about. It is always important to remember how you treat others and how you would feel is someone was treating you that way.

Oh! The Thinks That You Can Think is my favorite Dr. Suess book. Have you read it? Keep up the great work and I hope you keep reading and learning.

Sincerely,
Katelyn Fleming



For my final C4K assignment, I commented on Gage's blog. Gage is a 4th grader in Mrs. Kathleen Morris and Ms. Kelly Jordan’s class at Leopold Primary School, Victoria, Australia. On March 27th, Gage created a post about himself. He likes to practice his writing, play football and cricket with his dad every week. He loves pasta with garlic bread and his favorite subject is Math. He also is “nine years old so far.” I love this statement. I will now on tell everyone I am ___ years old so far!  He then asked his readers what their favorite food is and what sport they play. I commented:

Hi Gage,

My name is Katelyn. I am a college student at the University of South Alabama in America. I think it is so cool that you are from Australia. I have always dreamed of travelling to Australia! My favorite food is baked potatoes and buffalo chicken. My favorite subject is math as well! I don’t play any sports, but would like to take up running.
Are you enjoying blogging?

Keep up the great work! Never stop learning.

Sincerely,
Katelyn Fleming


Gage was the first kid all semester who actually commented me back! He wrote:

Dear Katelyn,

Thanks for your nice comment it was great and thanks for saying keep up the great work.

From Gage,

No comments:

Post a Comment